What are the most affordable US water parks?
With another month of summer and National Water Parks Day approaching on July 28, 2022, there’s no better time to head to a water park and, more importantly, experience America’s hottest water parks. affordable.
Online vacation rental marketplace HomeToGo also wanted to know the most affordable U.S. water parks, so they created their 2022 Water Parks Index which ranks 50 parks from most economical to most expensive.
“With the return of warm summer temperatures, we’re thrilled to be able to offer travelers a helpful guide to America’s most exciting water parks so they can cool off on any budget,” said Caroline, Director of Public Relations ( and travel expert) from HomeToGo. Burns. “While the Index found California, Florida and Texas had the most water parks in this year’s rankings, families can find just as many thrilling waterslides, relaxing lazy rivers and play areas. families in destinations across the country.”
The 2022 Water Park Index is based on the cost of a one-day adult admission ticket, parking, locker rentals and HomeToGo data for nearby accommodations.
Three Most Affordable US Water Parks for 2022
#1 NRH2O Family Water Park – Known for its friendly environment, relaxing atmosphere and reasonable prices, the 17-acre NRH2O in North Richland Hills, Texas offers 14 rides that offer a balance of thrilling waterslides and kid-friendly rides. The total price for NRH2O is $87.99: $22.99 for admission, $12 for locker rental, and $53 for nearby accommodation. Parking is free.
#2 Splash Kingdom Oasis – Splash Kingdom Oasis in Shreveport, La features over 15 rides and attractions plus special events that feature music, movies and more. The total price for Splash Kingdom Oasis is $90.46: $24.95 for admission, $10 for locker rental, and $55.51 for nearby accommodation. Parking is free.
#3 Buccaneer Bay – Located in Weeki Wachee Springs State Park in Weeki Wachee, Florida, Buccaneer Bay is Florida’s only spring-fed water park and features a variety of attractions including water slides, a sandy beach, a float rides on a lazy river, beach volleyball and legendary mermaid shows in a submerged theatre. The total price for Buccaneer Bay is $91.02: $13.00 for admission, $7.00 for locker rental, and $71.02 for nearby accommodation. Parking is free.
Three Least Affordable US Water Parks for 2022
#1 Raging Waters – Named the best and largest water park in California, Raging Waters, spanning 60 acres in the Los Angeles area, is home to more than 50 world-class rides, slides and attractions, including Aqua Rocket, the only mountain Russian Hydromagnetic State. The total price for Raging Waters is $218.52: $54.99 for admission, $15 for locker rental, $20 for parking, and $128.53 for nearby accommodation.
#2 water country – The 26-acre water park in Portsmouth, NH features 19 rides categorized as gentle (like the Pirate’s Pool and Lagoon), moderate (like the Warp 8 Loop Tube Circuit), and intense (like the the terror of Dr. Von Dark). ). The total price for Water Country is $188.41: $49.99 for admission, $15 for locker rentals, $10 for parking, and $113.42 for nearby accommodations.
#3 Rapids Water Park – South Florida’s largest water park, the 35-acre Rapids Water Park at Riviera Beach features 42 of the tallest, wettest, and most thrilling water slides. This summer is the last chance to dive 1,600ft down the four spiral slides at fan-favorite Old Yellar before a new ride opens next year. The total price for Rapids Water Park is $187.05: $49.99 for admission, $15 for locker rental, $15 for parking, and $107.06 for nearby accommodations.
Water Park Fun Facts:
- The highest waterfront in the United States – Thrillagascar at DreamWorks Water Park in New Jersey (ranked #32 by HomeToGo) stands 142 feet tall and reaches free-fall speeds of +60 mph.
- The largest water park in the United States – Noah’s Ark Water Park in Wisconsin (#44 on the list of America’s Most Affordable Water Parks) is America’s largest water park with a total of 51 water slides, two wave pools, two lazy rivers and six additional attractions .
Index of America’s Most Affordable Water Parks Methodology
HomeToGo conducted the search for the index in June 2022. The total amount for each water park includes an adult admission ticket, one-day locker rental, one-day regular parking for one vehicle and accommodation. Processing fees and taxes are not included in these prices.
- Adult ticket – The online price for day tickets for summer 2022 has been selected when available. For parks whose prices depend on the day of the week, July 28, 2022 has been chosen as the default date. Pricing information is listed on water park websites.
- Locker – The cost of renting a standard locker for one day. The small locker was selected when an option of large or small lockers was available.
- Car park – The cost of regular parking for a vehicle for one day. Online advanced pricing was selected when available.
- Lodging – Median price per person per night to stay in accommodation listed on HomeToGo.com between July 13 and September 22, 2022.
Click on here for the full list of 50 water parks included in HomeToGo’s 2022 Water Park Index.